One of the most versatile home construction types is the Ranch home, and today we wanted to take the time to describe some of the advantages that a Ranch home might provide you with as you go through the buying process. Make sure to check out the article below as well as the video for even more information!
- They’re a great retirement/in-law option. Because a ranch home is a one-story construction with no stairs, that makes it the perfect type of home for elderly people to live in. Whether you’re looking for a home that’s easy to navigate for yourself so you can spend many comfortable years there or you have elderly in-laws or other relatives living there with you, a ranch house could be the perfect option for you.
- Less cleaning! Because a ranch home only has one floor, that usually makes square footage more manageable. For those of you looking for a lot of square footage, that may be a disadvantage, but if you’re someone who does their own cleaning and doesn’t want a ton to have to deal with, the smaller square footage of a ranch-style home can result in a much more manageable amount of cleaning that needs to be done.
- Open floor plans are common. As we said in the last bullet point, ranch homes tend to have less square footage, but one of the other advantages to this seeming limitation is that most builders make really good use of that square footage, which often results in a beautiful, open floor plan with lots of natural light. If having an open floor plan matters to you a lot, that might make a ranch home the perfect option for you!
- Easy to add on to.Because a ranch home is only one story, they are one of the easiest kinds of construction types to add onto. That makes them a great kind of home to invest in, especially if you have a growing family and want to have the possibility of increasing your home size to fit your lifestyle as time goes on.
- Good indoor-outdoor flow. One of the biggest advantages of living in a one-story home is that there is usually a very conscious effort by the builder to make the home fit in nicely with the land around it so everything flows really nicely not only on the inside but as you go outside as well. Sometimes that can result in upgrades like beautiful wraparound porches or other great outdoor elements which can add a lot to the flexibility and enjoyment of the home.
These tips have been brought to you by Maria Sims Group, a company dedicated to making sure that you’re in the best home for you. If you have any questions about our company or would like to ask about a personalized list of homes that would fit your needs, please reach out. Our homepage can be found at mariasimsgroup.com or you can call us at 404-805-0673.