A lot of people go back and forth between whether to buy or build, especially when they’re looking for something incredibly special. If you find that you’re one of those people, make sure to check out the article below on the five pros to building instead of buying.
- You can personalize.For those super picky buyers out there, sometimes building is the best option because it gives you the chance to get exactly what you want if that doesn’t exist on the market. Right now, especially because inventory is on the limited side, if you’re looking for some very particular aspects to a home and just aren’t finding them, building might be a great option for you. Not only does it give you the freedom to select your location, but you can also make all of the decisions from the ground up. Plus, there are more and more resources available every day for people who are interested in building, so even if you’ve never done it before, you still have plenty of information that should make the process manageable.
- Know what you’re paying for.Even though the idea of building a house from scratch can seem overwhelming because it doesn’t have a clear sticker price on it, you can set a budget that does help you have a clear price. Sometimes, when you buy a house, you know what you’re paying for the house itself but then have changes that you need to make on top of that, which just continues to add to the costs. In other words, there are a lot of hidden fees that can come with buying a house and planning to make alterations. When you’re a picky buyer and know that you’re going to have to change a house to meet your specifications, it’s usually just cheaper to make the changes in a piece of new construction as opposed to changing things that are already there.
- Builders give you options.There are lots of buyers out there who will consider building your dream house and then selling it to you so you don’t have to worry about getting approved for a construction loan if you don’t think your finances would allow for that. In other words, sometimes building isn’t as expensive as you think it might be. Make sure that you don’t get overwhelmed by the thoughts of building before you check out what your actual options are.
- You get to choose your dream location. One of the toughest things about finding your dream home is finding a house you love in a location that you love just as much. Building helps solve that problem because all you have to do is find a piece of property that you really like and then build a house that you love on that location. For picky buyers, this can be a dream come true because it give you the perfect chance to combine location and housing specifications.
- You can set your own timeline.When you’re buying a house, especially in this market right now, you have to be sure to see your favorite houses as soon as they come on the market, which can be incredibly stressful if you are working or have other commitments. When you’re building a house, you pretty much just have to let the builder go off and build your dream house while you go on with your normal life. No need for tons of appointments at houses that you don’t end up loving.
These tips have been brought to you by Maria Sims Group, a company dedicated to making sure that you’re in the best home for you. If you have any questions about our company or would like to ask about a personalized list of homes that would fit your needs, please reach out. Our homepage can be found at mariasimsgroup.com or you can call us at 404-805-0673.