Don’t FALL behind on Gutter Maintenance!
While nobody truly enjoys cleaning their gutters, it’s a task that needs to be done regularly! Neglect this task too long, and you’re risking unexpected, costly damages such as roof rot, water damage, and mold growth.
As your guides to living in North Georgia and all things home ownership, the Maria Sims Group wants to help you keep your biggest investment protected!
Here are a few tips to keep in mind about gutter cleaning and maintenance:
WHEN to clean your gutters:
- Depending on the trees and greenery around your home, it is recommended cleaning gutters at least twice a year.
- Fall is the most common time of year people associate with gutter cleaning, and it really is the best time of the year to clear them with all the falling leaves!
- It’s crucial to stay on top of removing twigs, leaves, and other debris to avoid clogging your downspout.
WHAT to look for:
- It’s also a good idea to clean your gutters and check for damage anytime you notice water coming into your home, pooling on your lawn, or dripping from the gutters.
- An infestation in your house or attic of mice or bugs is another sign that your gutters may have an issue.
WHY you shouldn’t miss this important maintenance:
- When gutters aren’t cleaned regularly, rainwater collects and has nowhere else to go but inside the home where it can cause severe damage.
- Excess moisture in your house can bring about serious issues, including a cracked foundation or mold growth, which can attract insects and rodents.
- These problems can be potentially dangerous and costly, especially if more than one occurs.
Putting the time and effort into maintaining your gutters can save a lot of time and money in the long run, and help protect your #1 investment for years to come!
Just remember that cleaning the gutters can be a dangerous job if you don’t take the proper safety precautions. If you’re afraid of heights or don’t feel safe on a ladder, then this is a job that may best be handled by a professional. We are happy to recommend local, well-qualified professional companies you can trust to safely tackle this job – give us a call at 404-805-0673 and we can connect you with the best resources!